A Cowboy's Wife
King Ranch Casserole
made this tonight and it was DELICIOUS BUT isnt very pretty to look at. Next time I will use chicken instead of ground beef. SOO yummy!
* 10 3/4 oz cream of Mush
* 10 3/4 oz cream of Chicken
* 10 oz diced tomatoes w/ green chilies
* 1 small can black olives (OPT)
* 1 8oz soften Cream Cheese
* 2 lbs Ground Beef or( 2 C. Chicken-precooked)
* 12 Corn Tortillas, broken to fit pan
* 2 C shredded cheese
* salt,pepper,garlic powder season meat to taste
Preheat oven 350F. Lightly mist 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Brown meat add seasoning’s (of choice) , drains excess grease. Add Cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, Diced tomatoes w/ green chilies and cream cheese. (I cube the cream cheese)
Use 1/2 the tortillas tear and layer bottom of dish until covered, add all meat & soup mixture, take other half of tortillas, tear in pieces and place on top of meat mixture, until covered. Top with Cheese & olives. Bake 30 - 45 mins.