In a non metal bowl, using a non metal spoon mix 1 C flour , 1 C sugar, and 1 cup milk, I have actually used a metal whisk here and it turned out fine but the original recipe I had said no metal utensils who knows lol, I put this mixture in a gallon sized ziplock, make sure all the air is out and zip it closed
Day 1 make your starter (as above)
Day 2 mash bag to mix
Day 3 mash bag
Day 4 mash bag
Day 5 add one C flour, 1 C sugar and 1 C milk ( I pour it in a bowl to do this then back into the bag
Day 6 mash bag
Day 7 mash bag
Day 8 mash bag
Day 9 mash bag
Day 10 time to bake
Amish Friendship Bread
pour your entire contents of the bag into a large non metal bowl, Add 1 C sugar, 1 C flour and 1 C milk.
Measure out 4 separate batters by scooping out 1 C of batter into 4 gallon size ziplock bags. keep a starter for yourself and give the other 3 to friends along with the recipe for the bread.
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
2. Add the following to the remaining batter in the bowl
1 C oil
1/2 C milk
1 C sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 C flour
2 boxes or 1 large box of instant vanilla pudding
Optional: 1 C raisins or chopped nuts
3. Grease 2 loaf pans. In a separate bowl , mix an additional 1/2 C sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon. Dust loaf pans with this mixture.
4. Pour evenly into pans. Sprinkle tops with more of the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
5. Bake for one hour. Cook until bread loosens from the sides of the pans. Turn onto plate or cooling rack and let sit in pan about 10 minutes before turning.
Instead of 1 C oil you can use 1/2 C oil and 1/2 C mashed bananas or applesauce