Day Before Mashed Potatoes
recipe from Allrecipes.com
* 9 potatoes, peeled and cubed
* 6 ounces cream cheese
* 1 cup sour cream
* 2 teaspoons onion powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 tablespoons butter
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop in potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes.
2. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl, and mash until smooth. Mix in the cream cheese, sour cream, onion powder, salt, pepper and butter. Cover, and refrigerate 8 hours, or overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
4. Spread potato mixture into the prepared baking dish, and bake in the preheated oven about 30 minutes.