Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Best Rolled Sugar Cookies


I will be frosting some later, keep your eye out for pics :D



The Best Rolled Sugar Cookies
got my dough made, will be making some puurty cookies tomorrow :D

Allrecipes.com


INGREDIENTS

* 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
* 2 cups white sugar (I used 3 based on other reviews on the allrecipes site)
* 4 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 5 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt


DIRECTIONS

1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.

2 comments:

Kris said...

Looks good, I can't wait to see them frosted. I'll be baking cookies Sunday, I have to work tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I never thought to cookie-cut a hole in a sugar cookie, but that heart with a heart cut out of the middle looks pretty cool.

I wonder how many other designs I will try to poke out of the middle now... the kids will love it :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails