Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine Oatmeal and M&M cookie bars




Thanks to Mommy's Kitchen for this great Valentines Day treat SOOO good, very soft and chocolaty with all the M&Ms


M & M Oatmeal Bars

1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup M & M candies
1 cup brown sugar, packed
(light or dark, whatever you have on hand)
2 cup Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix (I used Bisquick)
(any biscuit baking mix works)
1 Egg
1 stick margarine, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract

Combine everything in a mixing bowl except candies. Mix until well blended. Stir in candies, reserving a some to place on top. Pat into greased 8×8 pan and bake at 350 for about twenty minutes. Allow to cool and cut into bars.

I actually doubled this recipe and cooked them in a greased 13x9 inch pan. 350 degrees for about 35-40 mins til top was nice and brown

4 comments:

Trish said...

Hey...I have almost all those ingredients on hand. What fun! Thanks for sharing.

Tina Butler said...

Carm, The bars turned out awesome. I am going to try them next time with the reeses pieces as well. Thanks for the great idea. Happy Valentines Day Ü

Donna-FFW said...

I have everything I need for these. This looks perfect for my children. They wont mind that its after V-Day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carmen :) Your M&M bars look so yummy! All of your recipes are wonderful :) So glad I found you, I've been in a cooking rut lately, so this helps.

Related Posts with Thumbnails