First Thank you to Tammy for this recipe here is her LINK
Saucy Broccoli and Chicken on the stove
p.s I think this would be delicious served over noodles or even a baked potato
First How I did it, I didnt have curry powder :( So I used a little thyme and also about 6 splashes of Franks hot sauce, I didnt bake it at all, I steamed my veggies on the stove, drained them, added in my leftover chicken, soups, pepper, my other spices, mayo and lemon juice and heated it all through, then I added my 2 cups of grated cheese and melted that in. Then I added enough chicken broth to make a nice sauce. I saw no reason to dirty up a big casserole dish when I could do it on the stove, its SO yummy and I cant wait to serve it over rice tonight, hubby loves this yummy chickeny/cheesy sauce too, I did add in some frozen cauliflower and carrots too!
Saucy Brocoli and Chicken Bake
A casserole of tender broccoli with chunks of chicken, topped with a flavorful sauce and cheese, served over rice
Yield: 8 servings
16 ounces frozen broccoli florets (or about 3 cups fresh broccoli florets)
3 cups cooked cubed chicken
2 cans cream of chicken soup*
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups rice (uncooked measurement), cooked according to package instructions (should make 4 1/5 cups of cooked rice)
1. In covered saucepan, cook broccoli in water just until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. In greased 9 x 13 baking dish, spread broccoli across bottom and sprinkle chicken evenly on top. Generously sprinkle black pepper over chicken.
3. In mixing bowl, combine cream soups, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder, and chicken broth, whisking until smooth. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle paprika on top if desired.
4. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Spread cheese on top and bake 5-10 minutes longer, until melted and slightly browned.
5. While casserole is baking, cook rice. Serve the chicken and broccoli mixture over hot rice.
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Posted by shweetpotato at Saturday, March 21, 2009