Recipe from All Recipes
Check out the video showing you how to make it.. simple huh?
Ive never tried a macaroni salad before, I didnt have any carrots or pimentos so I added, celery, onion, green pepper, and a diced tomato.I also replaced the mayo with Miracle Whip because we were low on mayo. 4 hours in the fridge and we will taste it, Ill let ya know what everyone thinks
Classic Macaroni Salad
* 4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
* 1 cup mayonnaise (I used Miracle Whip)
* 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
* 2/3 cup white sugar
* 2 1/2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 2 stalks celery, chopped
* 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
* 1/4 cup grated carrot (optional)
* 2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in the onion, celery, green pepper, carrot, pimentos and macaroni. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving, but preferably overnight.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Posted by shweetpotato at Wednesday, August 20, 2008