Ok I messed these up, Im very embarrassed, I popped my 12 biscuits into the oven, then read down on the recipe and it was only supposed to make 6 lmao, SOO I obviously rolled them too thin, so mine were not on the FAT side like I wanted but it was my fault..Still VERY NUMMY, I am not good at making biscuits can you tell, next time they will be perfect
J.P's Big Daddy Biscuits
recipe from All Recipes
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 tablespoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 tablespoon white sugar
* 1/3 cup shortening
* 1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Gradually stir in milk until dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.
3. Turn out onto a floured surface, and knead 15 to 20 times. Pat or roll dough out to 1 inch thick. Cut biscuits with a large cutter or juice glass dipped in flour. Repeat until all dough is used. Brush off the excess flour, and place biscuits onto an ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges begin to brown.
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Posted by shweetpotato at Wednesday, August 20, 2008