Friday, September 11, 2009

Best Marinara Sauce Yet


I didnt name the recipe lol, its found at Allrecipes click here

Best Marinara Sauce Yet
I just wanted to add that I make this sauce more than any other, I havent been buying the Prego sauce I usually buy, I make this instead SOO easy too

  • 2 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
  • 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
  • 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (I had none so didnt add it)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced (will use 2 next time)
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 6 tablespoons olive oil (could probably half this, way to much IMO)
  • 1/3 cup finely diced onion
  • 1/2 cup white wine (didnt add)
  • I also added a couple pinches of sugar to cut down on the acidity
DIRECTIONS

In a food processor place Italian tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
( I used my blender)

In a large skillet over medium heat saute the finely chopped onion in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the blended tomato sauce and white wine.
(I didnt add any wine or extra liquid)

Simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. (I added few fresh tomatoes from the garden , we like some tomato chunks. Also some meatballs)

1 comments:

Tina Butler said...

Hi Carm, the Marinara Sauce looks great. I usually pass on making a homemade sauce because i havent found a good recipe. I will be trying yours. I hope you like the pork chops when you make them. they were so good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails