This batter will be really thick, you will think its not working, then you add the zucchini and
it will get less dry, press it into your pan.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, 1/2 cup cocoa, baking soda and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Fold in the zucchini and walnuts. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until brownies spring back when gently touched. To make the frosting, melt together the 6 tablespoons of cocoa and margarine; set aside to cool. In a medium bowl, blend together the confectioners' sugar, milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in the cocoa mixture. Spread over cooled brownies before cutting into squares.