Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Prize Winning Meatloaf


This recipe is the same one my mom always used, I really have never tried any other meatloaf recipes lol, maybe I should. I always use tomato sauce on top, not ketchup. Im so sorry for the horrible picture, I really tried to get a good one but I think meatloaf just isnt very pretty lol

Prize Winning Meatloaf

1 1/2 lb ground beef
1 C tomato juice (I use tomato sauce)
3/4 C oats/ uncooked
1 egg beaten
1/4 C chopped onion
1 t salt
1/4 t pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients mixing well. Press firmly into an ungreased bread pan and cover top with tomato sauce. Bake for 1 hour and let stand 5 mins before slicing.

3 comments:

Tina Butler said...

That sounds easy and good. I cant wait to see a picture of it.

MommaB said...

love this blog carm...added you to my favs..got print some of these...

Kris said...

I doubled the amount of stuffing and cheese and used two cans of soup and one can of milk, but I use a 9x11 pan. I would try half the soup and half, or a little less of milk.When you add the milk to the soup and onion the consistency should be medium thick. On occasion I have added a little more soup because I got it too runny. I'm glad you like the flavor, it's yummy, but it is way better when it's not runny. I think it will turn out better for you next time. Happy cooking!

Related Posts with Thumbnails